I mentioned how thoroughly I'm disgusted with some boys on FB.(Although they've gone through NS, they're still considered as boys.) Sure, they're indifferent to the election but don't involve Singapore's future just because they like to treat it as a beauty pageant. It's like 'Oh, Nicole so pretty so I vote for that party lor.' Omg... it's no wonder so many people wonder and think our NSman never grow up.(Refer to the stomp article on NSman allowing their maids to carry their backpacks.) On the other hand, I'm proud that I have a brother who had gone though BMT and have grown wiser unlike some of the
boys.
This is my view on the election. Seeing that PAP have already proved they're efficient as government and help Singapore to develop into what you see now today. Go back into history 50 years ago where PAP molds Singapore into today's modern Singapore. I know most people will probably forgotten their History classes even those smart fellows with high IQ.(Go google instead lor.) Still not convinced? Look at today's improvement PAP has made in our daily lives. Lifts are installed at every floor in old buildings for elderly folks' convenience. There are many financial assistance for needy families. There are also many events for kids/youths/elderlys organized by town MPs. We don't have to wait 20 mins for train to arrive, instead within 5 minutes. Look at the foreign people visiting our country and commenting on how smooth our government works and how modern Singapore is. PAP have done so much to improve our lives and all many kiasu people don't appreciate it. Instead, they'll focus on small issues and won't let them go like a dog clamping on a bone. And in doing so, they'll say current government is useless and griped about small issues.
And there's that comment from someone who said 'Aiya, only for 5 years ma, vote for opp party.' If I remember that person's fb name, I'm gonna encourage people to spam him and bloody hog him! 5 years...many things can happen.. or even in less than a year. If I'm able to vote, I'll definitely vote for PAP. PAP will help to secure our future and make our lives more easier. Even 10 years or 20 years from now, PAP will still be my choice. :) (Although of course I'll listen fairly.)
Please vote wisely. Trust your gut instincts on which party to vote. Think long and hard what they promised and what they will deliver. What do you want in the next 5 years and more to come? Peace, stable economics, etc, etc and who to trust to oversee them.